Posted on January 18, 2019
Toronto, Canada / Full Time Position
Reporting to the VP, Digital, this role will develop technically feasible software solutions by conferring and collaborating with digital strategists, client stakeholders, IT management and other team members. The successful candidate will work with client and creative teams to analyze business needs, elicit necessary information, map requirements to webpages and/or custom development, produce functional documentation and ultimately develop SharePoint sites that meet client requirements.
· Review and assess business and design requirements and document functional requirements for solutions
· Contribute to collaborative solutioning and creative sessions, ensuring project teams understand the possibilities and limitations of the SharePoint platform.
· Design technical solutions that address requirements, drawing from standard webparts and custom developed solutions as required.
· Create intranet sites and develop custom software solutions with responsibility for all aspects of implementation and development.
· Assist with planning for governance and carry out associated technical implementation.
· Prepare and publish intranet and digital content (e.g. banners, video, photos, news content, procedures, etc)
· Ensure intranet and digital guidelines and standards are adhered to with a focus on consistency of user experience.
· Support business development by helping to identify and analyze client’s intranet needs and collaborate with internal teams to develop recommendations and associated scope of work and estimates.
· Maintain knowledge and awareness of intranet and digital channel communications technologies, standards and requirements, and apply these to enhance client properties.
Skills & Qualifications
· 5 years experience as a SharePoint Developer in the analysis, design, hands-on development and delivery of web-based applications.
· Experience supporting and developing custom solutions
· Strong communication skills, to meet with business partners and technical team members to discuss projects and solutions.
· Knowledge of integrated document management concepts
· Ability to work independently
· Strong ability to adjust to changes and learn quickly
· Ability to solve problems and propose alternative solutions
· Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
Future Growth Opportunities with Livewire
The Digital department is a growth area within the company, and it is expected that there will be increasing responsibilities and opportunity within this area. In addition to further responsibilities within the role the following future positions may also provide opportunities for growth:
Channel Lead, Digital